Paul Vos, PhD, PStat
office: ECHI 2215
Dr. Paul Vos earned his PhD and MS in Statistics from the University of Chicago. Before joining the Department of Public Health, he was chair of the Department of Biostatistics at ECU. Dr. Vos collaborates with faculty from medical, health, and other disciplines and has served as co-investigator on NIH, NSF, and other government and private grants. Dr. Vos is an Accredited Professional Statistician® and is member of the American Statistical Association and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
In addition to his collaborations as statistical methodologist, Dr. Vos’s research interests include foundations of statistics and methodologies for medical and health fields.
- BA Mathematics, Calvin College (1983)
- MS Statistics, University of Chicago (1986)
- PhD Statistics, University of Chicago (1987)
- Foundations of Statistics
- 2 by 2 Tables
- Confidence Intervals
- Methodology for Medical and Health Fields
- Information Geometry